Nairobi has one of the most diverse landscapes in the entire world, which is what makes this small but breathtaking city such a magical place to visit. It is home to a wide variety of rare wildlife species, many of which can only be found in the grassy plains, rain forests, and wooded savannas of Kenya. This is due to the wide variety of temperatures, habitats, and geography.
As of 2020, the number of visitors to national parks and game reserves in Kenya declined by 65%, as an effect of the COVID-19 pandemic. About 1.04 million people visited such attractions, against nearly 3 million in the previous year. But it’s not just the wildlife that captures your attention when you add a visit to Nairobi to your bucket list; the incredibly rich culture, delectable cuisine, and kind people also have a magnetic pull.
Worried about weather for Nairobi Kenya? Is Nairobi safe? Looking for Nairobi hotels? Unable to find the places to go in Nairobi?
Why a Visit to Nairobi Should be on your Bucket List?
Nairobi, the capital city of Kenya, is a vibrant and dynamic city that offers a unique blend of urban and wildlife experiences. Here are some reasons why a visit to Nairobi should be on your bucket list.
[Suggested Read: The Complete Guide to the Most Unusual Attractions in Nairobi]
1. Excellent Nairobi Weather
Image credit – © Skitterphoto/Pexels
Weather for Nairobi is good all year round. January and February are the hottest months, while June and July are the coldest. However, the warm months provide the best chances for outdoor activities like swimming. The annual rainfall is roughly 869 mm (34 in), and the average temperature is 19.0 °C (roughly 66 °F). There is no “best time for a visit to Nairobi” because Nairobi temperature is pleasant all year long.
Want to know about Nairobi weather today? The average temperature today is 21.0 °C and mostly cloudy. Why is Nairobi so cold? At a height of 5,899 feet above sea level, the city is located in a subtropical dry forest setting. Nairobi’s cooling quality is a result of its high altitude, despite the hot, dry countryside that surrounds it.
2. Fun & Adventure
Image credit – https://divulgeadventures.com/
Nairobi has a wide range of activities for those seeking adventures, such as wildlife safaris, hot air balloon rides, hiking, and river rafting. Visitors can also enjoy hiking and biking in the city’s various trails, going to local plays, and more. Look up nearby events, then have a good time to make your visit to Nairobi more memorable. Want to know more about interesting places to visit in Nairobi? Keep reading.
3. Connect with Wildlife & Nature
East Africa is arguably the best region in the world for seeing wildlife, with the famous Masai Mara, the enormous Ngorongoro Crater, and the UNESCO-listed Serengeti National Park all located here. Lions, elephants, cheetahs, and giraffes can all be expected to be spotted in their natural habitats. Nowhere else on earth offers a better chance of seeing the Big Five!
A visit to Nairobi is a must-do for wildlife viewings! View some wildlife in the Nairobi National Park while you are exploring the city or go for a Nairobi safari walk. Visitors can also see and feed some giraffes at the Nairobi Giraffe Centre or Giraffe Manor, as well as some orphaned elephants at the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust. There are many other Nairobi animal orphanages you can explore.
4. Try Different Cuisines
Visitors can select from a wide variety of cuisine like African, Indian, Mexican, Italian, Japanese, and seafood, at the city’s abundance of restaurants, cafés, and coffee shops. There are many restaurant review websites to aid those who are hungry but unsure given the wide range of options.
You can do much more during your visit to Nairobi. Gaze at the exquisite views of the Nairobi National Park while savoring Swahili, Italian, and Indian cuisines, and fresh seafood at Eagle’s and Big Five restaurant at Emara Ole Sereni.
5. Explore the Rich History & Culture
Nairobi county has a rich history and culture, which is reflected in its museums, art galleries, and historical landmarks. While your visit to Nairobi, some must-see sites include the Karen Blixen Museum, the Nairobi Railway Museum, the Nairobi National Museum, the Nairobi Art Gallery and the Bomas of Kenya.
Learn about the names of famous streets and how Kenya is a distinctive nation made up of 42 tribes, each with its own culture and tradition. Discover how everything interacts to convey and present the culture.
6. Business Opportunities
Image credit – © gigijin/Flickr
Nairobi is a fantastic place to conduct business and launch a business for a number of reasons. Due to the widespread use of the internet, those launching an online business can anticipate having a lot of leads and interaction. A skilled workforce is available for employers thanks to the excellent education system.
In Kenya, numerous startups are already successful. Hubs for tech and entrepreneurship support innovation and the startup culture. A visit to Nairobi will offer opportunities for investment in the manufacturing, communication, and infrastructure sectors.
7. Warm People
If there is one thing that all visitors believe, it is that Kenyans are one of the country’s greatest assets. Nairobi Kenya is known for its friendly and welcoming people, who are always ready to assist visitors and share their culture. Learn more about the 42 different tribes like the Masai, Kikuyu, Kamba, Somali, Meru, and Somali directly by meeting them. For that, you need to visit the Nairobi Mamba Village.
Although English is widely spoken all across Kenya, the saying “hakuna matata,” which means “no worries,” is one that you’ll hear often. Also, Nairobi population is so warm that it gives visitors the impression that they have known each other for years. On your next visit to Nairobi, get to know some locals and pick up a few tips.
8. Stunning Scenery
Image credit – https://hikemaniak.co.ke
Nairobi is surrounded by beautiful landscapes such as the Ngong Hills, Nairobi National Park, Mount Longonot, and the Rift Valley. These scenic locations offer breathtaking views and are perfect for outdoor activities like hiking and picnics. Visit various locations to take in the city’s panoramic views, or go outside and drive to some beautiful spots like parks.
Are you looking to experience these scenic views while a visit to Nairobi? Perfect for families and business travelers, stay at 254 Ole Sereni. The hotel offers exceptional views of Nairobi’s bustling streets and the Nairobi National Park.
Bored of visiting places in Nairobi besides shopping? If shopping at various markets around the world is your favorite activity other than traveling, you must visit the markets in Nairobi. You can fulfill your desire for souvenirs like t-shirts, beadwork, and more at the Masai Market. These are the locations for Maasai Market on different days in Nairobi.
- Wednesdays: Capital Centre on Mombasa Road
- Thursdays: The Junction Shopping Mall
- Fridays: Village Market, or the Junction.
- Saturdays: The High Court Parking Lot in the city center
- Sundays: Yaya Centre in Hurlingam
Nairobi is a city that offers something for everyone. From adventure and wildlife to culture, history, and opportunity for business. It’s a place that should be on your bucket list for sure. Still finding your hotel in Nairobi? Read till the end.
[Suggested Read: Best Hotel in Nairobi City & Things to Know Before You Visit]
Where to Stay on your Visit to Nairobi?
Want to stay at the hotels near Nairobi National Park or looking for airport hotel Nairobi? If you’re planning a visit to Nairobi, staying at the 2.5.4 Ole Sereni is an excellent choice. It is one of the award-winning hotels near Wilson airport Nairobi & JKIA. Here are a few reasons why.
1. Location: The 2.5.4 Ole Sereni hotel has a prime location in Nairobi city, overlooking the Nairobi National Park. This means you’ll have incredible views of the park and its wildlife, all while being just a short distance from the city’s main attractions. We are also located just a few minutes away from Wilson Airport, JKIA, Nairobi CBD and more via Nairobi expressway.
2. Comfort and Luxury: The hotel offers a luxurious and comfortable stay with 134 spacious rooms and suites. These are elegantly decorated and well-equipped with modern amenities like LCD flat-screen TV, a minibar, and more. You can relax at the Duma Spa & Salon, take a dip in the pool, or work out at the fitness center.
3. Dining Options: Searching for Nairobi restaurants or best bars in Nairobi? The 2.5.4 Ole Sereni hotel boasts several dining options such as a fine-dining restaurant – Big Five Restaurant that serves Indian and Kenyan dishes. We have a Waterhole Snack Bar and Ngong Pool Bar as well. The Eagle’s Steakhouse serves fresh seafood and global cuisines. All the restaurants and bars are overlooking the waterhole in Nairobi National Park, Ngong Hills, and the stunning skyline. These are the best places to eat in Nairobi for sure.
4. Unique Experiences: It doesn’t matter if you want to combine a half-day Nairobi National Park safari, go on cultural tours at Bomas of Kenya and Kazuri Beads Factory, or go on a full-day excursion to Aberdare National Park or Lake Nakuru National Park. There are even more reasons to make 2.5.4 Ole Sereni your home for a longer period of time given the wide range of activities available at our 4 star hotel in Nairobi.
5. Host Events: Finding the best birthday venues in Nairobi or meeting rooms in Nairobi? Plan your upcoming conference, a lavish wedding, or a small gathering in one of Nairobi’s most opulent event spaces or meeting rooms, which is close to the airport and the city center. Allow our diligent staff to handle the planning and fine details for flawless execution with cutting-edge tech and unparalleled decor.
The hotel also has one of the best swimming pools in Nairobi. Overall, staying at the 2.5.4 Ole Sereni Hotel on your visit to Nairobi is a great way to experience the best of both worlds – the natural beauty of the Nairobi National Park and the comfort and luxury of a modern hotel.
A Visit to Nairobi will Inspire you!
Nairobi, the capital city of Kenya, is a vibrant and exciting destination that should be on your bucket list for sure. There are many reasons for a visit to Nairobi, including its stunning natural beauty, rich cultural heritage, and diverse culinary scene.
One of the main draws of Nairobi is its proximity to some of the world’s most stunning natural wonders. From here, you can take Nairobi National Park tours for a day. Where you can see lions, leopards, and other wildlife roaming free in their natural habitat.
Another reason to visit Nairobi is its rich cultural heritage. The city is home to many museums and galleries like the National Museum of Kenya, which houses exhibits on the country’s history and culture. You can also explore the vibrant local markets, where you can find everything from traditional African crafts to modern art and fashion.
Finally, Nairobi is known for its diverse culinary scene. From local Kenyan dishes to global cuisines, the city offers something for everyone. Be sure to try some of the local specialties, such as nyama choma (grilled meat), ugali (a maize-based staple food), and samosas (a popular snack).
In conclusion, Nairobi is a destination that should be on every traveler’s bucket list. Whether you’re an adventure seeker, a history buff, or a foodie, Nairobi has plenty to offer. Are you looking for top hotels in Nairobi or best staycation in Nairobi? Join us in the heart of Nairobi at 254 Ole Sereni, one of the best hotels near JKIA airport and the Nairobi National Park. Do you want to go from Nairobi to Mombasa? You can take flight, train or car. The distance is about 488 km.